711. Muslims invade Spain. Meeting little resistance.
756. Prince Abd ar-Rahman I proclaim the independent emirate of al-Andalus in Cordoba. 30 years later the construction of the mosque in the city began.
801. The Franks helps to conquer Barcelona.
961. Caliph al-Hakam II builds a library of at least 400.000 books.
997. al-Mansur progress with the army all the way to Santiago de Compostela.
1085. The Christians recovering Toledo.
1482. Battle of Granada starts
1492. The Catholic Monarchs Isabella and Ferdinand takes Granada.